This page lists the changes to each version of Pixaria Gallery in the 1.x release series.
Version 1.5.4 - 28/10/2007 (List of changed files)
- Page numbers now show correctly when browsing galleries on the front page.
- Canadian dollars now show the correct currency symbol in the store.
- Fixed a data validation bug in the cart item class that could prevent some products being added to the cart correctly.
Version 1.5.3 - 06/07/2007 (List of changed files)
- NEW It is now possible to use EPS images as a high resolution image format for downloads.
- High resolution images of all supported formats can now be put into the 'original' directory. Please see the documentation for more.
- The registration and account edit form's country drop down menu selector doesn't set Afghanistan as the default country if the user doesn't supply this information themselves.
- The registration and account edit form's country drop down menu selector includes a selection of more frequently used countries at the top of the list.
- Fixed a bug in the login system which could cause problems if the site is configured to prevent access to any pages without logging in.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent free downloads of TIFF images from working properly.
- Image downloads (purchased and free) now work more reliably for images where there is a space in the filename.
Version 1.5.2 - 20/05/2007 (List of changed files)
- NEW It is now possible to use a web browser to upload zip, tar, tgz and gz archives of images and have Pixaria extract them directly into your incoming directory.
- NEW The user interface for the image import processes in Pixaria has been overhauled to make it easier to use by streamlining all import and upload functions into a single control panel page.
- Pixaria now gives better error messages when attempting to import corrupt or damaged JPEG files.
- In the comping image import control panel and incoming directory browser, previews of images are now shown when the mouse cursor hovers over the image file name or icon.
- Changed the way login session cookies are handled to fix issues with logging in on servers with an incorrect system time set.
- Fixed a bug in the news page which would cause news stories with no gallery linked to them to be displayed with a broken image.
- Importing images with corrupt EXIF metadata no longer causes an error message to be shown.
- TIFF images for high res downloads and purchases placed into the 'original_TIF' directory are now found correctly as per the documentation.
- Fixed bugs that could prevent TIFF images from downloading properly.
- Corrected an issue with the e-mail template for sending a notification to a buyer about a new quote that could cause a blank message to be sent.
Version 1.5.1 - 07/05/2007 (List of changed files)
- The user interface for the built in news blog has been updated to use the Pixaria 2.x style sheet standards (see documentation for more info).
- Fixed issues that could prevent imported images being added to existing galleries.
- The 'processing' screen shown when tasks are being completed in the admin area now has the correct style sheets applied (bug fix from version 1.5).
- Administrators can now give full (complete path from root) paths for the incoming and library directories in the general settings control panel.
- Pop-up windows now have the correct CSS styles applied (bug fix from version 1.5).
Version 1.5.0 - 03/05/2007 (List of changed files)
- Warning - Stylesheet templates have been reorganised and renamed and are now ALL located in the theme template folder 'index.styles'. The HTML header templates have been altered to reflect this change and all user's are advised to use the theme template comparison tool prior to upgrading to ensure any custom styles are carried over to the new release. This change is intended to make it easier to customise Pixaria Gallery.
- Admins can now choose the position where image watermarks are composited onto comping images. Options are centre, top right, top left, bottom left, bottom right.
- The processing screen shown in some circumstances is now a themed component of Pixaria and can be customised in the same way that other template driven pages can.
- Admins can set the default number of images and galleries to show visitors on each page.
- The sales list view now includes a link to view each buyer's user profile
- Message about watermarked images no longer displayed for users who are logged in when watermarking is turned off for signed in users.
- Fixed bug in import tools that could cause errors adding newly imported images to an existing gallery.
- Fixed an issue with viewing multiple pages of search results that could cause results from a previous search to be shown in some circumstances.
- Fix to the built in CSS templates to correct an issue with Internet Explorer on Windows.
- If the dashboard control panel can't retrieve headlines from Pixaria.com then an error message is displayed instead of a fatal script error.
- Minor layout fixes when browsing galleries and images.
- Improved securtiy of include files to prevent any type of execution outside of the Pixaria global scope.
Version 1.4.3 - 15/04/2007 (List of changed files)
- Security - The files psg.smarty.lib.php and class.Smarty.php now include better checks to prevent inclusion of PHP code from remote servers.
- Security - In order to limit the possibility of remote code execution all include and library scripts now include code to check that the $cfg['sys']['base_path'] variable doesn't make reference to files on HTTP or FTP servers.
- Security - 'Powered by Pixaria' text has been removed from the front end pages to make it harder for malicious persons to locate Pixaria websites.
- Bundled Smarty library has been updated to version 2.6.18.
- Fixed bug that would cause PayPal confirmation e-mails sent to customers to be empty.
- Fixed bug in the image importing process that could cause failure when adding new images to an existing gallery.
- Dashboard and diagnostics updated to show information about PHP's register globals setting.
Version 1.4.2 - 12/03/2007 (List of changed files)
- Appearance control panel has been updated to allow administrators to set the size of popup windows for viewing images, adding images to the lightbox and adding images to the cart and generating quotes.
- Free image download links now appear in pop-up image views and the correct download links are displayed in the inline large image view accessible from search results.
- Fixed issues with resetting the download counter on purchased images.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent administrators from setting a full path of the form c:\Windows\Temp for the temporary items directory on Windows installations of Pixaria.
- Image download links are now shown only for image products and not for physical products.
- Fixed various bugs in the purchase process that could prevent users saving thier preferred payment method.
- Improvements to the wording of e-mails and browser displayed text during the image purchase process.
- Transaction view screens in the admin control panel and front end areas of Pixaria now show the quantity of physical items in the cart where this information is applicable.
- Fixed bug which could cause images in galleries not to display properly in some isolated cisrcumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the IPTC handler function of the graphics library that prevented UTF-8 text from importing into Pixaria correctly. If you use UTF-8 text in IPTC or EXIF metadata, then you will need to ensure that all the database tables in Pixaria have the character set and encoding set to utf8_general_ci for all text and character fields.
- Fixed a second bug that would prevent preferences for the number of images and galleries being displayed per page from saving correctly.
- The dashboard now sends limited information about your installation (MySQL, PHP and Pixaria version numbers) to Pixaria.com to enable me to track what platforms I should be giving most support to. At some point in the future, Pixaria will be limited to PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1 or above and I need to keep tabs on the likely impact of this by tracking usage by version.
Version 1.4.1 - 22/02/2007 (List of changed files)
- Fixed a bug in the search system that prevents search results listings from caching and which could cause warning messages to display in some browsers when using the back button to return to the search list view.
- Fixed various issues with the store which could cause problems for users who sell images by quoting on the price of individual images:
Fixed an issue that could prevent shipping from being correctly passed through to PayPal.
Users are no longer able to remove items from carts which have been submitted.
Shipping is now only added to purchases of physical products (t-shirts, prints etc.).
Searching from the keywords links and form in an image detail view page now works correctly.
Searches where no results are returned now correctly show a message that the search was unsuccessful.
Page count and navigation is now shown at the bottom as well as the top of gallery and search results pages.
Fixed a bug in the search engine that could prevent results for three letter keyowrds from being displayed.
Fixed a bug which would prevent preferences for the number of images and galleries being displayed per page from saving correctly.
Pixaria now has improved support for handing UTF-8 encoded text in image data where the MySQL version is 4.1 or above.
Image download links now work correctly in the gallery image view.
- When submitting a quote, the status now correctly changes to 'awaits quote'.
- Options for submitting payment for unquoted carts are no longer shown.
Version 1.4.0 - 04/02/2007 (List of changed files)
- NEW A new Pixie (plug-in) has been added to Pixaria which allows you to implement a search form by entering a Pixie tag into any template on your site.
- NEW Pixaria now supports multiple payment methods being enabled simultaneously. Supported payment options include cheque, postal order, bank transfer, money order and PayPal.
- NEW When logging in to the administration section of Pixaria, administrators now have access to a new dashboard showing the site status and recent news from Pixaria.com.
- NEW It is now possible to set a flat rate for all shipping charges for physical products. The shipping charge in the cart will be the same irrespective of the number of items in the cart or the shipping prices set in the product manager control panel.
- Warning - Categories have been removed from the front end due to lack of interest by current users of Pixaria. You can still view categories in the back end and admin screens but they are not available anywhere in the front end of your site.
- The option to import images into an existing directory in the incoming directory has been added to the import screen for high-resolution images. This was previously only available as an option for coming images.
- The default image price can now be set to zero.
- A number of bugs relating to price calculation, PayPal payment and transaction processing have been fixed.
- Pixaria now supports downloads for image files where the file extension is in uppercase. Previously, files with uppercase file extensions i.e. image.JPG could not be downloaded.
- Users performing searches using the advanced search form can now specify the order in which search results are displayed. The default is defined by the administrator.
- The default order in which search results are displayed can now be set in the administration control panel for 'General Settings'.
- The search forms throughout Pixaria are now implemented using a new bundled Pixie plug-in. The search forms have been updated to use the new standard HTML and CSS for Pixaria (see documentation).
- The diagnostics control panel now displays a warning if the number of database tables in your installation is incorrect.
- Fixed a bug in the store system for users requesting quotations that could prevent successful purchasing when using PayPal.
Version 1.3.3 - 22/12/2006 (List of changed files)
- Updated the bundled version of Smarty to version 2.6.16.
- Resetting the download counter for an image no longer generates an error about a missing method.
- Improvements to gallery creation process when no key image is selected.
- Added a function to the diagnostic screen to show if there is a disparity between the database version and system software version of the Pixaria installation.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors to appear in the gallery A to Z list view in the admin control panel for viewing the library.
- Fixed a problem that would cause a blank page to appear after changing the number of items of a product in a shopping cart.
- Batch update utility now works correctly when editing the group permissions.
Version 1.3.2 - 17/12/2006 (List of changed files)
- The allowed maximum number of images for a high-resolution file import has been increased from five to twenty images. The recommended upper limit is now ten images at a time.
- Fixed a bug with the PayPal Instant Payment Notification integration that could prevent some types of transactions from completing correctly.
- Fixed a broken redirection to a non-existent page when adding a quote amount to a cart.
- Fixed a problem with overly agressive caching of HTML content that would prevent administration links from appering after login without refreshing the page.
Version 1.3.1 - 03/12/2006 (List of changed files)
- NEW Added a new logging tool to record all hits to the built in PayPal IPN script. This will make debugging IPN problems simpler and allow admins to spot attempts to subvert the normal payment process.
- NEW A new diagnostics page in the admin control panel provides a quick overview of any problems with your Pixaria installation.
- Fix issue that would prevent the appropriate response message being given to users when they submit a request for a quote in certain circumstances.
- Improvements to Pixaria's custom HTTP headers for cache control. This will dramatically improve performance of all Pixaria sites and significantly reduce the server load for high traffic websites.
- The sales reporting tool now has a default start date for reports of January 1st 2006.
- Fixed a security problem in the transaction view screen that could allow any registered user to view details of any transaction by guessing the relevant cart ID.
- Fixed a series of issues with the sales manager that could cause some browsers to stick in a loop when deleting or clearing shopping carts.
- Fixed a problem with the cart which would prevent users being able to submit payment when the store is set up for pricing by quote but the user is only buying products.
- Improvements to the store workflow to prevent users being taken to the cart from certain pop-up windows involved in the cart process.
- Fixed another instance of a bug in the store which would cause a cart submitted for offline payment to display a blank page instead of a confirmation page.
- Fix to the admin sales viewer to prevent a backslash appearing before the apostrophe in user names with apostrophes in them.
- Fixed various typos.
Version 1.3.0 - 05/11/2006 (List of changed files)
- NEW Admins now have a new option for enabling searching by filename in the general settings control panel.
- NEW PayPal integration has been improved to support additional currencies including Norwegian, Danish and Swedish Kroner, Swiss Francs, Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand Dollars, Polish Zloty, Czech Koruna and Hungarian Forint.
- NEW Products can now have individual shipping prices set for them instead of using a single global shipping price. In addition, admins can specify a separate shipping price to be used for additional items if there is more than one of any given product in the cart.
- NEW Users can specify the quantity of items that they wish to have of individual products.
- NEW Pixaria now passes cart information to PayPal which means it's possible to view detailed information about purchases from within the PayPal website.
- NEW Administrators can now offer downloads of images in Photoshop PSD, TIFF and JPEG2000 formats as well as standard JPEG.
- NEW Notification e-mails are now sent when users and administrators post messages in connection with transactions.
- Administrators can now edit the area of a user's profile titled 'other information' which includes the user's website address and business information.
- Pixaria now uses a standardised list of ISO-3166 compatible country names for all user account and other address information. Switching to this system will allow for the addition of regionalised tax calculations in a future update to Pixaria but will require all registered users to update their profiles.
- Improvement to the mechanism for enabling file downloads to deal with image files larger than PHP's built in memory limit and to increase the speed of the download.
- Fixed a reference to a non-existent image in the CSS for the new user interface layout styles for listbox tables 'table-listbox'.
- E-mail messages are now correctly sent to the buyer and administrator when a user submits any type of shopping cart.
- Transaction message list now shows the correct time and date for all messages.
- Fixed a bug in the store which would cause a cart submitted for offline payment to display a blank page instead of a confirmation page.
- Changes to the store management classes to improve reliability and provide for more features.
- Deleting carts no longer leaves orphan messages and cart items in the database.
- E-mails sent to buyers and sellers when quotes are submitted now have the correct subject heading.
- Fixed a bug in the free image download system that caused a plain text file to be downloaded instead of the image.
- Fixed a bug in the store admin page for viewing details of a request for a quote by contents of the cart. The details of the user's request are now displayed correctly.
Version 1.2.2 - 31/10/2006 (List of changed files)
- NEW Users can now empty the contents of their own shopping carts should they wish to.
- NEW When importing comping and high-res images, it is now possible to import them into an existing directory within the incoming directory.
- Fixed a security vulnerability that could allow a malicious user to execute arbitrary code by inserting a poison null byte into certain form data. This bug has been reported for PHPBB and PunBB among others and so I took precautions to limit the possibility of it affecting Pixaria by stripping all null bytes from incoming form data.
- Added MySQL command to the initialisation script to turn on the ability to perform SQL joins on tables containing more than the maximum number of allowed rows for such operations. This prevents galleries and searches from failing on some MySQL installations where the limit is too low or the server has been configured with restricted settings.
- Fixed an issue with the upload system that would cause an error about a missing directory 'archive' which is no longer required by Pixaria.
- Fixed a bug with the system for deleting unwanted import directories that could cause the entire incoming directory to be deleted.
- Fixed a bug in the store that would prevent sales tax from being correctly calculated in some instances.
- Fixed a bug in that could prevent prices calculated for images from being added to a cart if the option to request a quote is turned off in the store control panel.
- Fixed a bug in the admin gallery list view which would cause the key image to be shown as broken if none was set at the time the gallery was created.
- Fixed a bug that would cause an incorrect link to view the cart to be sent to users when their shopping cart has been updated.
- The general settings control panel now correctly shows the system temporary items directory.
- Turned off error handling for file permission checks in the system status pages of the admin control panel. This will prevent errors being shown on the page if certain required directories are missing.
- Pixaria now detects whether PHP is operating in safe mode and displays a warning message on image import and upload scripts if it is.
Version 1.2.1 - 01/10/2006 (List of changed files)
- Fixed a bug in the import system that prevented images from being properly imported into the database.
Version 1.2.0 - 26/09/2006 (List of changed files)
- NEW Completely re-written store system featuring improved user interface for buyers and support for selling physical products as well as digital downloads.
- NEW When editing images individually, it is now possible to view a colour palette selection HUD (heads up display) and pick a colour to associate with an image for the purposes of searching by colour.
- NEW It is now possible to upload more than one image file at a time using the browser based upload form.
- NEW A new Pixie allows administrators to display the total number of images in their library.
- NEW Administrators can now erase the contents of user's incomplete shopping carts.
- NEW Added a new method for browsing files in the incoming directory.
- NEW Unregistered users can now view image product pricing and calculate prices for digital images.
- The administration user interface for Pixaria has been re-designed.
- When viewing a preview of an image in the admin control panels, additional information about the image is displayed in the popup window.
- The sales report generator is now fully fuctional and no longer a beta feature.
- Improvements to the system for rearrangng the order of images in galleries.
- The gallery list views in the library control panel have been improved to make them easier to use.
- The browser based upload form has been altered so that it is simply an interface to put images into the incoming directory.
- Fixes to the price calculator control panels to allow options that don't change the price.
- When rearranging images in a gallery, it's now possible to view a full size image by double clicking on a thumbnail image.
- A fix to the cart system so that removing an item from the cart now results in the price of that item being decucted from the previous total.
- Improvements to the user interface for selecting a key image when creating and editing galleries.
- Categories are now deprecated and will be replaced by an enhanced keyword tagging system in a future release.
- Improvements to the PixariaImage class to support loading of detailed image information including thumbnail paths. This is part of a general move towards the replacement of procedural with objective code with the aim of simplifying the script.
Version 1.1.6 - 21/06/2006 (List of changed files)
- The sales manager has been updated with a (beta) report generator for making Excel compatible (CSV) outputs of your sales data.
- Pixaria can now offer free high-resolution image downloads with the option to limit this feature to registered users only if required.
- Added the ability to search by model and property release status.
- It is now possible to choose which search options (keywords, date, galleries, model release and property release) are enabled for visitors to your site.
- A new admin setting makes it possible to prevent Pixaria from searching image titles and captions when doing keyword searches. Captions and titles can be disabled independently of one another.
- Various improvements to the cart viewing facility for users who have purchased images.
- Further changes to support the forthcoming addition of the facility to sell physical products.
- The image batch editor now correctly sets the 'for sale' property on images.
- Corrected an issue with an incorrect RSS feed link in the news pages.
- The RSS news feed now sends the correct HTTP headers.
- Minor user interface improvements for the general settings control panel.
Version 1.1.5 - 03/06/2006 (List of changed files)
- Administrators can now supply additional instructions for sending payment for images which may be useful if you want to accept payment by other means than PayPal.
- A new store and cart manager class has been added which will gradually replace current cart processing functions for increased reliability.
- People who have purchased images are now able to view details of the transaction when the price was calculated automatically.
- When editing images using the front end inline image edit form, the browser is now redirected back to the correct location.
- The PayPal currency code for Canadian dollars is now set correctly in the store control panel (you will need to re-submit preferences to activate this change).
- When saving new pricing options for image price calculation rules, it is now possible to chose the no change option and leave the 'amount' field empty or set to zero.
- If a user's session expires while viewing a gallery, the user is now bounced to the login screen instead of seeing a broken page.
- Fixed various typos.
Version 1.1.4 - 21/05/2006 (List of changed files)
This update makes major changes to internal components of the script. All users are strongly advised to back-up their PHP and template files before upgrading.
- Internal changes to accomodate the forthcoming ability to sell products and a preview of the forthcoming product manager.
- Administrators can now set the image model and property release settings using the batch edit tools.
- In the front end cart viewer pages, it is now possible to access icon (32 x 32 pixel) and large thumbnail (160 x 160 pixel) images.
- The login screen after the account sign up page now respects settings to disable long term signins.
- New class libraries for image management, forms, environment data and database access are now included in the Pixaria package as part of a major overhaul of the internals and security of the script.
- A number of settings in the global $cfg array used to store configuration information are now also stored as global constants in preparation for a transition to a new internal codebase.
- Fixes to editing and creation of user accounts.
- Fixed a bug with duplicate and incorrect image titles in the admin page that allows you to rearrange the order of images in a gallery.
- A problem where the contents of some completed carts could not be viewed has been rectified.
- The link to the Pixaria website which is shown at the bottom of all pages using the supplied themes now opens in a new window.
Version 1.1.3 - 06/05/2006 (List of changed files)
Once again, big thanks to Nick Unwin for his invaluable assistance fixing some of the bugs in this update!
- It is now possible for administrators to view the contents of any user's cart with items in it.
- Upgraded the bundles Scriptaculous library to version 1.6.1.
- Drag and drop rearranging of the lightbox has been enabled in the Evolve theme.
- The sales admin page has been improved and it is now possible to view all sales at the same time, sort by buyer name, items in the cart, date processed and date completed.
- Page section and title header on a news item page now correctly showing the site name.
- When browsing a gallery or category, the link to add the image to the lightbox from the inline comping view now works correctly.
- When creating a gallery, the search form for picking an image now has correct CSS formatting and layout on the results page.
- The user account edit page now correctly updates the company name information.
- Fixes to some appearance and layout bugs in the user account editing page on the front end.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors to be shown in the HTML output when there is one gallery nested inside another one.
- If a user is logged out, attempting to open a link to add an image to the lightbox in a popup window redirects the user to the login screen without opening a popup window.
- Various broken links have been repaired in the front end pages for users who are not logged in.
- Improvements to the way systems with PHP running in safe_mode handle customised system temporary items directories.
- Improvements to the functions that test the temporary items directory permissions.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the correct number of pages of images being shown when browsing a gallery.
- Various other bug fixes.
Version 1.1.2 - 23/04/2006 (List of changed files)
- The image library now includes five additional, customisable data fields which you can use to store extra information about your images. At the present time, this information can only be displayed on screen - it is not searchable.
- Price calculation can now be enabled for unregstered users.
- The store settings now allow admins to provide details of their VAT sales tax registration information. This information is shown next to tax rates in all payment and invoice pages.
- Pixaria is now stricter about showing if the system temp directory is usable by the script and requires it to have the equivalent of the Unix permissions '777'. If your system's temp folder doesn't have these permissions, you will need to create your own equivalent and choose that in the Pixaria general settings.
- The admin control panel for setting what information is required when users register has been altered to make it easier to use.
- It is now possible to delete processed transactions from the sales manager page.
- The software environment page now lists full Unix style permissions for system directories.
- Various user interface enhancements in the administration control panels.
- The server environment page now displays whether or not the XML parser library is installed in your installation of PHP.
- The config file for Pixaria has been updated to provide users with better debugging information if key settings in the file are incorrect.
- Fixed a bug in the gallery view page that could prevent an image from being added to the cart or lightbox from the detail view within a gallery.
- Fixed syntax error in the library functions include that could cause an error when browsing the uploaded files directory.
- Fixed a bug in the sales manager that could cause blank pages to be shown when editing some user's carts.
- For users who are not logged in or are unregistered, the handling of requests to add items to the cart has been improved.
- Fixed a broken link in the inline image view page.
- Page formatting for image search popup window in admin area has been fixed.
- Users can now submit carts for offline payment if PayPal support is not present.
- Various other minor bugfixes and spelling corrections.
Version 1.1.1 - 04/04/2006 (List of changed files)
- Store control panels are now accessible and working again.
- Cache flushing system now works correctly.
- Broken / missing images in the admin and management screens now fixed.
- Various other bug fixes.
Version 1.1.0 - 04/04/2006 (List of changed files)
- Activated facility to sell images using live pricing calculations with instant payment notification and download for completed purchases.
- It is now posible to enter and return search results for two word key-phrases enclosed in single quotes.
- It is now posible to enter and return search results for three letter keywords for any image in your library.
- A new plugin API has been introduced to Pixaria which allows for modules to be loaded dynamically from templates. The API is not finalised yet and creating new plugins is not yet a fully supported option for Pixaria websites.
- In the import from FTP screen, there is a new view option which will allow the user to browse the /resources/incoming/ directory and all the files and sub-directories within it.
- Keywords listed in the search log are now active links, allowing you to run a search for that item using the admin search engine.
- Admins can turn off the option to allow users to remain logged in between sessions.
- All admin pages are now located in the resources directory for organisational simplicity.
- Many of the included functions have been renamed to fit the naming conventions used throughout the Pixaria script. The 'pix' prefix has been used to prevent clashes when mixing Pixaria components with other scripts.
- It is now possible to show a list of all admin users in the main users control panel.
- The templates for pop-up image view and image view from search results now have details of what variables are available to them inside.
- In the admin search results, there is now a link next to each entry which will take the user to the edit page for that image.
- IPTC header import now has improved support for the ISO 8899-1 (ISO Latin 1) text encoding.
- Fixed a bug that would cause comping images to be downloaded instead of purchased high-res images.
- Fixed a bug in the upload by HTTP (web browser) system that would prevent this from working on some Unix based servers.
- In certain situations, links to purchase images would not be shown when they should have been. This error is now fixed.
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause duplicate images to be returned in search results lists.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent admin users saving images to the lightbox in a brand new installation.
Version 1.0.5 - 08/03/2006 (List of changed files)
- It is now possible to offer an instant download link for images that have been paid for. This is dependent on a high-resolution version of the purchased image being online.
- A major overhaul to the gallery, lightbox and category large image view pages and templates. This adds lots of new data and now provides a list of available information in the three relevant template files.
- If an admin sets up the site so that users who aren't logged in are automatically redirected to the login page, the navigation toolbar will only shows links to register or sign in.
- Corrected a syntax error in the main settings file that would prevent the script working as expected on some PHP installations.
- Image and gallery counters only updated if the user is not an administrator.
- Fixed various bugs in the tools for creating and editing new pricing rules and options.
- Fixed bug where some information was not being loaded into the template file 'psg.browser.image.nav.tpl' correctly.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
Version 1.0.4 - 03/03/2006 (List of changed files)
Thanks to Nick Unwin for his invaluable assistance identifying some of the bugs fixed in this update!
- Added back-end tools to create pricing rules for images. This is a technology preview in orer to gather feedback on the system which will be linked into the rest of the e-commerce system in version 1.1.
- It is now possible to use Mod_Rewrite with Pixaria Gallery so that the URLs of gallery pages can be indexed by search engines. Using this feature requires reconfiguration of the host web server either by using a .htaccess file or by editing httpd.conf.
- Pixaria now keeps a log of failed login attempts (with the e-mail address used for the attempt) as well as successful logins.
- More information is now available to Smarty in image popup windows and the add to cart and lightbox popup windows.
- In searches where the user has chosen to restrict the search to a gallery, the search system now searches sub-galleries of the selection as well.
- When listing the images in a gallery from the library control panel, it's now possible to copy selected images from one gallery into another.
- Admins can now see the number of times a gallery has been viewed in the library gallery list.
- Images in cart and transaction viewer popup windows are now watermarked where applicable.
- Improved the speed and performance of gallery pages when the installed MySQL server version is less than version 4.0 on some Linux based web servers.
- The text sent from greetings cards is now contained in a template file.
- Postcard feature can now be restricted to registered users in which case, the from name and e-mail fields in the postcard form are removed and data from the user's personal account is used instead.
- Improvements to the groups control panel now make it easier to edit admin users, image editors and photographers.
- Search form now lists the correct galleries for all users based on their viewing permissions.
- Admins can now edit the image order in galleries again.
- Fixed some problems with the keyword search forms on some large image view pages which weren't being shown in some circumstances.
- Improvements to the search results advanced view to fix some display errors.
- Various improvements to the gallery creation and editing pages.
- Improvements to the group management, permissions and authentication functions.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent searching from the side-wide search form at the top of all front end pages if the installed MySQL version didn't support Boolean searches.
- Fixed a bug in the IPTC keyword import system for images imported by FTP.
- Fixed a bug in the admin and front end user editor pages that could prevent details being saved in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the login system that could prevent users logging in directly after signing out of if their session had expired.
Version 1.0.3 - 21/02/2006 (List of changed files)
- All user logins are now logged in the database and a log viewer page allows admins to view details of fifty most recent logins.
- As part of the new login logging feature, it is possible to list users who are logging in from multiple IP addresses and highlight those who may have shared their login details.
- A new option in the appearance control panel allows the admin to choose to have links from thumbnails to full size images open in a popup window instead of within the current window.
- It is now possible to set whether links from the advanced thumbnail view to add items to the cart or lightbox open in the same window or in a popup window. Opening these links in a popup window means the user can add items to the cart or lightbox without leaving the page.
- When viewing an image at full size that has no keywords associated with it, the keywords search form is now not shown.
- Images sent as postcards can now be watermarked based on a setting in the appearance settings control panel.
- Improved the security of thumbnail and comping image display URLs.
- To improve performance, thumbnail and comping images output from Pixaria now have HTTP headers to ensure they're cached for at least seven days.
- The site wide search form now treats all the keywords as all being required.
- Fixed a bug in the search form that would prevent searching for all words working as expected.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent search results in the admin area from displaying.
- Various improvements to the lightbox tools for the two bundled themes.
Version 1.0.2 - 07/02/2006 (List of changed files)
- Activated support for accepting PayPal payments and IPN payment notifications (instant download for high resolution images is not available yet).
- Added a new theme to the default installation which can be activated from the appearance control panel.
- The default themes both now include a search form which can be accessed from every page in the site.
- Information available to Smarty templates when browsing images has been improved to provide more options for users wanting to customise the design of their sites using templates.
- A number of templates now include detailed information and annotations about what information is available to them.
- It is now possible to store the keywords users search for using the front end search form. Pixaria will log the keyword or keywords used and whether they were required, optional or to be excluded from the search. This feature can be turned off from the admin control panel if necessary. This feature does not log who conducted the search or the time it was performed.
- Added the foundation for an improved interface for browsing galleries in advanced mode.
- A loading message is now shown while waiting for images to load into the page.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent IPTC and EXIF metadata from being correctly imported for high resolution images uploaded by FTP.
- Searching can now be enabled and disabled from the general settings control panel.
- It's now possible to create a new gallery from the orphan image page (list of images not in a gallery) using selected items in that list as the basis of the gallery.
- Galleries where user access is restricted by group or account status are now only listed on the search page if the user's permissions allow them to view the gallery.
- When importing images from an FTP upload session, it's now possible to specify the directory name used for the images you're importing into the library.
- Improvements to the gallery creation process to fix an issue where the image ordering options at the end of the process were both confusing and buggy.
- Searching by keyword link and checkbox from the detailed view of an image now works correctly.
- Improvements to the MySQL version detection to account for some unusual version declarations that could disable Boolean searching.
- Inline image editing from the detailed view of an image when browsing search results now takes the user back to the image being viewed when the edit is complete.
- Users' with deactivated accounts can no longer login to their account.
- Fix to the built in search functions to enable Boolean searches in some instances where it wasn't previously possible.
- Improvements to the way password protected galleries are handled so that incorrect password warnings aren't shown when they shouldn't be.
- When editing a user's profile, a full confirmation message is now sent to the user.
- Corrected a problem with the gallery creation form to ensure correct permissions are set when no parent gallery is chosen.
Version 1.0.1 - 01/02/2006 (List of changed files)
- Various improvements and minor bugfixes to the user editing system for both administrators and user account holders.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error to be displayed when and admin saves changes to a user's profile. This bugfix requires changes to two template files so be sure to check the file changelog.
- When performing admin functions that send an e-mail to someone, the message is now sent correctly instead of being output in the HTML output of the page.
- More options to make use of image metadata when importing images uploaded by FTP.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent some IPTC metadata from being loaded when images are imported from FTP upload directories.
- Default thumbnail size adjusted to compensate for error in database configuration and the ability to set thumbnail size in the appearance settings has been restored.
- When importing images uploaded by FTP the image height and width are now calculated correctly.
- Default config is now better able to determine the system base path needed for Pixaria to run.
- Trying to do a batch edit when no images are selected no longer results in an error.
- Various spelling mistakes have been fixed.
- Initial public release.